Laura J. Eisele, Principal of LJE Law Firm, has over 25 years experience representing large and small businesses, lenders and individuals in litigation, bankruptcy and business law matters.
Ms. Eisele litigates in a variety of business, commercial and consumer matters including bankruptcy, real estate, landlord-tenant, collections, contracts, claim and delivery, banking and consumer law. In addition, she provides litigation contract services to law firms. She is admitted to practice in all Michigan state courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Practice
Her insolvency practice includes representing businesses and individual debtors and creditors in out-of-court debt negotiations and restructurings, and in chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases. In addition, Ms. Eisele has significant expertise helping professionals, including financial advisors and interim management, get retained and paid in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Most recently, Ms. Eisele was involved in the bankruptcy proceedings of General Motors, General Growth Properties, Borders, Lyondell Chemical and TMT Procurement Corporation, among others. Ms. Eisele’s experience includes negotiating with the United States Trustees in Delaware and the Southern District of New York on a variety of retention and fee issues including compliance with the Jay Alix Protocol.
Business Law Practice
Ms. Eisele also provides in-house legal consulting to clients including guidance on managing litigation holds, document review and production, contract negotiation, including issue spotting and drafting, risk management policies and procedures, debt collection compliance, document retention and temporary on-site legal support.
- Principal, Laura J. Eisele, PLC d/b/a LJE Law Firm
- Associate General Counsel at AlixPartners, LLP, a consulting firm
- Partner at Kerr Russell & Weber
- Partner at Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Equity Partner at Dykema Gossett, LLP.
- Associate at Honigman Miller
- Bachelor of science degree from the engineering college at Michigan State University, graduating in 1984.
- Juris doctorate degree, Magna Cum Laude from Wayne State University Law School in 1989. Ms. Eisele was assistant editor of the Wayne Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif (top 10% of the class).
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Board Member, Turnaround Management Association, Detroit Chapter
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute
- Past-chair of the Michigan Chapter of IWIRC, the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation.
- Advisor to the Board of Directors of Vista Maria, an organization committed to healing Michigan’s victimized girls and women with best-practice treatment programs.