LJE Law Firm
Laura J. Eisele, Principal of LJE Law Firm, has over 30 years experience representing large and small businesses and individuals in business law, bankruptcy, litigation, probate and estate planning matters. Ms. Eisele takes a proactive and creative approach to problem solving tailored to each client’s individual needs.
Ms. Eisele practices in a variety of business and commercial matters including bankruptcy, real estate, contracts, litigation, dispute resolution and commercial transactions. Ms. Eisele practices in a variety of industries including professional services, automotive, manufacturing, cannabis and pharmaceutical.
Ms. Eisele’s practice focuses on providing large firm expertise at affordable rates.
Experience & Education
Laura J. Eisele has extensive experience as an attorney and partner at regional and national top-tier law firms and as Associate General Counsel for an international consulting firm. LJE Law Firm is dedicated to providing exceptional, high-quality legal services to our clients.
- Principal, Laura J. Eisele, PLC d/b/a LJE Law Firm
- Associate General Counsel at AlixPartners, LLP, a consulting firm
- Partner at Kerr Russell & Weber
- Partner at Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Equity Partner at Dykema Gossett, LLP.
- Associate at Honigman Miller
- Juris doctorate degree, Magna Cum Laude from Wayne State University Law School in 1989. Ms. Eisele was assistant editor of the Wayne Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif (top 10% of the class).
- Bachelor of science degree from the engineering college at Michigan State University, graduating in 1984.
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan.
- Board Member, Turnaround Management Association, Detroit Chapter
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute
- Past-chair of the Michigan Chapter of IWIRC, the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation.
- Advisor to the Board of Directors of Vista Maria, an organization committed to healing Michigan’s victimized girls and women with best-practice treatment programs.
- Prior Board Member of Turnaround Management Association
Laura J. Eisele's Practice Areas
We represent business in a variety of industries including professional services, manufacturing, automotive, retail, healthcare and pharmaceutical. We focus on building relationships to provide businesses with the most effective strategies to resolve unique challenges each client faces. We provide guidance and direction to help you protect your assets, build your business and navigate a variety of legal and commercial issues. Services include business formation, contract drafting, review and negotiation, corporate governance, business disputes, litigation management and transactions.
Outsourced In House Counsel Services
Finding the right representation for you and your business can be a lengthy, costly process. To better provide for our clients, we offer in-house counsel services to both healthy and distressed companies. We assist general counsel with day to day legal needs and provide general counsel services for companies interested in retaining general counsel.
With both in-house counsel and large law firm experience, LJE Law can provide practical and intelligent advice to clients to assist with managing relationships with customers, strategic partners, vendors, advisors, employees, landlords, and other business partners. Having continuity of services for business matters with a trusted legal advisor provides efficiencies that both reduces risk and legal costs.
Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice
We can help businesses and individuals navigate financial stress and protect value. LJE Law has experience representing secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, purchasers, landlords, business owners, officers and directors and other parties in interest both in and out of bankruptcy. LJE Law understands the intricacies of bankruptcy law, as well as laws affecting creditors rights. Our goal is to provide clients with value-driven, thoughtful and business oriented advice to minimize risk, maximize value and recover debt.
Our services include bankruptcy litigation and contested matters, representations of debtors and creditors in bankruptcy matters, out of court restructurings and receiverships.
At LJE Law, our team takes a business-focused approach to litigation to achieve outcomes aligned with the client’s goals. At the outset of each case, we work closely with our clients to identify an optimal business and financial outcome, taking into account the merits of the claims and the expected costs of litigation. We assess the strengths and weaknesses of each parties’ position to develop strategies best designed to meet the client’s objectives. No matter the size of the claim, we continuously perform this critical exercise to better advise our clients in deciding how to proceed at each stage of the proceeding.
We also assist clients with alternative dispute resolution. With the cost of litigating cases through the traditional court system becoming increasingly expensive and uncertain, parties have turned to arbitration, mediation, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution as a way to reduce costs, maintain confidentiality and expedite and promote consensual outcomes.